Monday, December 31, 2012

Equestrian Challenge: Day 11.


Day 11- Find a horse for sale online that you would want to buy

Man, oh man, I am sucking at this challenge... whateverrrr, rolling it into January!
This one was actually really hard for me, because... well... I love horses, and I love looking at horses for sale. I kind of needed to rein (hehehe) it in a little. So, I focused on Paints, and I focused on Western-Canada and weirdly enough I mostly found babies that are totally drool-worthy, and not even that out of my imaginary price range. (Jingle, you really want a brother or sister, don't you?) My first hunt was for paint-cutters, but I didn't find much... but then again, the hunt was getting ridiculous (just for a silly blog post), what I did find was a shit-ton of WP/HUS/Circuit type paints, so that's what your getting today on the blog. As you know, I fully support the current over-the-top bling in WP, and bling often goes well with paints ;)

So, from Salter Pepper Paints, two WP-typey APHA colts...

SPP Spider Venom

SPP Spider Venom, APHA black tobiano colt, sired by Down Came The Spider, AQHA 16h bay son of ONE HOT KRYMSUN. Out of 15.3h Rock Star Bentley, sired by Black Rock Star (Harris Paint Horses, Maryland), multiple World Champion producer. This colt will be tall, and will make a great all around horse under saddle. HYPP n/n. APHA Breeders Trust nominated. Alberta CCF nominated.

$2,900 CAN.





I just think this is a super cute colt, he's flashy, comes from nice bloodlines, and would probably due well in WP, but also as an all-around type horse. Plus, did I mention I think he's really cute?


********************


SPP Andys Two Faced

Sired by our own stallion, SPP Hezablonde Andy, and out of our World Champion producing mare, Ur Oh So Royal. This gelding has long legs, big bones, strong topline, beautiful head and great neck. Wonderful, quiet disposition. Currently being fit and trained for showing in Halter, Longeline, and Yearling In Hand Trail. Should follow in his siblings' footsteps, and make a great all-around riding horse, and excel in Hunter Under Saddle, Trail, Reining, Halter, and Western Pleasure.
Notes: Wins Supreme Halter at 2 shows. Multiple Grands & Reserves in Open. Earning Futurity Money, placing very well and earning APHA points in Halter & Trail in Hand.

$3900 CAN.




A proven baby - even better! I love how some Paints can look completely different on one side than they can on the other due to their markings - so here comes the perfect colt for that statement - "Two Faced" - literally. I think if he was mine, I would call him "Villain" ;) Again, another WP, HUS type horse, and such.a.cutie.

I like the paints that this breeder produces, a lot of their babies are proven from the get-go, which is nice, and they have some flashy producers.

Now, if only I could find a Color Me Smart x Don't Look Twice APHA/AQHA baby, my heart would be forever happy. If any of you know of some nice cutting-bred paint horses in AB, or just generally high quality paint breeders, point me their way - it's always nice to drool and dream. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment