Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Want: Horsehair Jewellery

A random twitter account started following me and I pretty much ignored it, until in a fit of boredom I happened onto this person, and then the website listed in their bio. It turned out to be a rep for Nanna Salmi Horsehair Jewellery, I've heard of horsehair jewellery before and I absolutely love the idea, but this is perhaps the most beautiful stuff I've ever found - however, it definitely reflects that in it's price.


From their website, "Nannasalmi™collection is a horsehair jewelry collection created from horsehair, precious metals and diamonds. Each nannasalmi™collection is a horsehair jewelry collection created from horsehair, precious metals and diamonds. Each piece is completely hand-fashioned from your own horse's hair. Jewelry can also be made from the stock hair. is completely hand-fashioned from your own horse's hair. Jewelry can also be made from the stock hair."


Because I am in love, and am hoping someone who loves me sees this blog post and decides to drop an exorbitant amount of money on me I'll post a few of my favourite pieces from their collection, taken from the USA-Canada Facebook page.


"Cassiopeia"
- Gold - $3,540 USD; White Gold - $3,900 USD
I looooove this ring, and you could almost stomach the price if you decided to use it as your wedding band - that would be super cute if the couple were "horse people" together. Right?!

"Clapton"
- Silver - $260 USD; Gold - $990 USD; White Gold - $1,265 USD

"Saudia"
- Silver - $335 USD; Gold - $1,480 USD; White Gold - $1,920
- both could be options for the groom! I'm thinking here! Rationalizing!
Also, this was commissioned specifically for HRH Prince Abdullah Bin Miteb Abdullah Al-saud, from the Saudi show jumping team, it was named after a prized stallion of his.

"Cedric"
- Silver - $540 USD; Gold - $2460 USD; White Gold - $2950 USD

Cufflinks
these were specially made for someone, but they are coming out with cufflinks soon in different colours/variations

"Mistral"
- Silver - $320 USD; Gold - $980 USD; White Gold - $1,160
this is one of my absolute favourites, it's gorgeous, I am dying over it.

"Scirocco"
- Silver - $540 USD; Gold - $2,460 USD; White Gold - $2,950
absolutely, dying, over, this, bracelet

"Shoe-Shoe"
(in silver with arrowhead pattern)
- Silver - $320 USD; Gold - $865 USD; White Gold - $1,070
pretty, pretty, pretty, la la la la

So, all in all I am completely in love. Although, I highly doubt the day will ever come I could comfortably buy any of these pieces I still can't help but pretend that the one day I'll be prancing around to events with the "Shoe-Shoe", "Mistral" and "Scirocco" all on my wrist, and the "Cassiopeia" on my ring finger. (...because they'd totally look amazing together, right?)

After I discovered the prices I checked online for other horsehair jewellery and couldn't find anything I liked and found as just totally classic and beautiful as this collection. Have you guys found anything comparable?

2 comments:

  1. Hay! I also love those pieces but they are out of my price range. But! I have a bracelet made by a friend from my current project horses tail (perlino/creamy and bay/black). Under 100 and less if no silver findings. http://equineforever.com/​index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out this website - super cool! I will definitely have to look into that as a christmas present for myself come December :) Hopefully the shipping to Canada isn't outrageous.. it seemingly is everywhere else.

    I loveee the idea of equine jewelry... I think I would only be able to shell out that much money for nanna salmi jewelry if one of my horses passed away.. and I was much older, and richer. haha (sad statement - but true)

    ReplyDelete